Vinyl flooring is one of the most resilient flooring solutions that offer value for money.
Professional installation, low maintenance and high durability make vinyl a popular flooring choice. Modern designs which are warm and quiet underfoot are ideal for areas that demand easy cleaning and hygienic flooring solutions.
Remember to pay close attention to your current sub floor preparation as this will play a big part in the correct choice of vinyl for your home. Vinyl flooring can be much quieter when walked upon than other natural products.
Our Vinyl flooring range
CAPITOL CARPETS vinyl range offers a variety of colours and patterns to match your decor style.
All our ranges pay close attention to detail providing a vast array of colour tone, natural wood reproductions and imitations, modern tile applications and a wealth of low allergenic design options.
Benefits of Vinyl Flooring
Many factors should be taken into consideration when determining which flooring material to select for a specific application. For example, the flooring may need to stand up to rolling carts or support standing (static) loads. Moisture resistance may be critical, or resistance to fading. Each manufacturer can provide detailed information on the performance characteristics of its flooring, as well as proper installation and maintenance to avoid damage. You should expect long-lasting beauty from properly installed and maintained vinyl floors.
- Design flexibility – Vinyl sheet flooring and tile are available in myriad styles and colors. Vinyl tile is available in shapes that can be custom cut and laid out in patterns using different colors or finishes. Tiles can be arranged, for example, to depict a corporate logo or to guide traffic in a hospital or retail setting. Virtually any look can be obtained to suit any decor, including classic looks that simulate wood and ceramic. Custom-made designs are easily created using sheet vinyl flooring.
- Resilience – Vinyl flooring reduces noise and provides comfort underfoot. Unlike such hard surfaces as wood, laminate, terrazzo or ceramic tile, vinyl floors have “give” and thus are referred to as “resilient” flooring.
- Durability – Vinyl flooring is durable and time-tested, maintaining its beauty under heavy foot traffic and use. It is moisture and stain resistant, so spills can be easily removed. When compared with alternative materials, vinyl offers an attractive installed cost with economical maintenance over the life of the floor.
- Aesthetics – Today’s vinyl floors are made to enhance the aesthetic features of an interior environment. While often mimicking the look of other hard surfaces, they are “warmer” than ceramic tile. Designers can use pattern and color to make a large room seem smaller or a small room more expansive. And since vinyl is durable, the color and original appearance will last longer with routine maintenance.
- Safety features – A wide range of both tile and sheet vinyl floors is available with enhanced slip-retardant surfaces. These floors are suitable for a variety of commercial and institutional applications. Because they are vinyl, these slip-resistant surfaces can be easily cleaned. Check with manufacturers for vinyl floors designed to meet other special needs like static control.
- Healthcare applications – Vinyl flooring is frequently used in healthcare facilities because it is nearly impervious to water, offering a significant sanitary advantage over carpeting. These characteristics are particularly important in hospital rooms, extended care facilities, nursing homes and day care centers. Many commercial sheet vinyl floor installations offer sealed or welded seams that prevent contaminants from being lodged in the seam area. And with fewer seams than most other hard surface floors, bacteria has fewer places to hide and grow. Disinfectant cleaners can provide a sterile surface without damaging the floor. In addition, most stains can be easily removed.
Click on the following manufacturers links to view products in more detail: